[CULT] Green (was Red)

ChatOWhitehall@aol.com wrote:

<<But, you see, I don't think most mature gardeners are enthusiastic about being briefed in the finer points of chemical warfare against routine iris problems. I don't know a single gardener of whatever degree of sophistication--and I know all kinds-- who is not environmentally conscious, if not militantly organic, at some level. Moreover, I think it to be lamented that AIS is not publicly more green.>>

I'm just curious in what ways irisarians might be more green. I assume it's about use of anti-fungals, pesticides, herbicides and such. Does anyone here not use such things? Are there suitable green alternatives? I personally don't even use Roundup, which I'm assured is harmless (to everything except for certain organic matter that shares half our DNA) but I think of that as more crazy stubborn than green.

Sanpete County