Re: CULT: Ebb and Flow of Fancy

Of course the show auriculas was what I was referring but they did suffer a rather bad decline many years back and are now coming back around. Plant fads change. Iris seemed to have had there glory years in the 1950s into the 1970s.  Of course the die-hard enthusiasts will continue but the general gardening public may have a different view. The average gardener (if there is such a thing) wants something that will grow easily. Even though Cowslips grow easily in England the "improved" plants are not in most gardens.

ChatOWhitehall@aol.com wrote:In a message dated 8/22/05 9:38:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,