Re: AIS:HYB:Test Gardens

Betty: Whether your club realizes it or not you already have a test garden. The garden you maintain provides you with a fine test of the varieties you grow. The only step lacking is reporting. If you got a few judges together, met and filled out a form comparing attributes of say a dozen cultivars and then published it in your regional newsletter you would have a first rate test garden, especially if it was continued year after year. One way to make it less painful would be to take a panel of judges from your local show after lunch to the garden and have them complete an evaluation that afternoon. The garden would still perform the other needs of your club.

Autmirislvr@aol.com wrote:In a message dated 8/25/2005 8:44:34 P.M. Central Standard Time,