Re: HYB: CULT: my trials...

Because I grow so few cultivars for trial, I'm pretty casual about
reporting on them.  Most folks who send me rhizomes haven't asked for
anything formal, just whether it performs or dies or something in

Sometimes the hybridizer also wants to know details about something or
other, and may have to remind me to go look, if it's not something I
cared that much about or was too busy to notice.

Some information folks have asked for include pollen production,
branching, rebloom, leaf disease/rot susceptibility, stalk height... all
that comes to mind at the moment...  oh, and color variation - some can
vary a lot from one location/soil/climate/season to another.

I suggest you ask the momma/daddy dauber what kinds of information
they'd like to know about.

Hope that helps.

<                   Would you share your method of record keeping?  I
                   am going to work with a few Iris from another
                   dauber and I would like to do a good job of record
                   Char, New Berlin WI>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8