Re: CULT: HYB: Good Irises - ?Renown?

I have never seen rot in Renown or Matrix in the five years I have had them
both.  And for a couple of years they were not in the best situation either.

I would imagine being in East TN you are in a moutainous region.  Someone else
had mentioned they had not had problems with them either.  It might have
something to with you location or topography.

If this is the case this might also mean that you are in a prime location to
select for rot resistant varieties.

Keep pursuing.

Other than that... as far as the rot goes try to make sure that you get a
decent dose of morning sun to allow the rhizomes to dry off quickly.  It might
help.

Paul Archer

Raleigh, NC  Zone 7.

Origianl message:-----------

How does RENOWN perform in various parts of the country?

It is a robust grower here, reliable bloomer, fairly fertile, and while
it rots a little now and then, not nearly as bad as MATRIX.

But the kids I'm getting from it are mostly rotting before maturity.

If RENOWN's tendency to rot now and then is mostly a 'southern' thing,
maybe I can find something that would 'nick' better with it.  Such nice
big, wide, blooms with fairly good substance plus rebloom, I hate not
being able to use it.

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8