HYB: AIS: Trial Garden Idea

I really like this idea.

I would whole heartedly participate in sending out and receiving rhizomes as
my space would allow.  I already have 300 sq. ft. that I have to expand for my
own seedling trials.  Another row or two for others would not be too much of
an imposition and would be fun.

My location is full sun, great drainage.  I don't pamper too much and water
only during dry spells.  If a seedling plant doesn't bloom every year without
pampering, generally it's culled.

Our winters are cold enough (usually not below 0 F though) and fluctuate
enough to test for hardiness and frost tolerance. It certainly also gets hot
and dry enough to test for that too.  Soil around here generally are either a
combination of clay, rocks and gravel or sandy.

A great place to test for rebloom also as our seasons are long enough to
accomodate rebloom times and test their qualities under adverse conditons that
would still be present in our climate.

Paul Archer

Raleigh, NC  Zone 7