Re: OT: pests

In a message dated 8/26/05 11:31:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jgcrump@erols.com writes:

Several years ago, I saw a parakeet
 among a flock of birds in my yard, and everyone to whom I mentioned it tried
 to explain to me that it wasn't what I saw.

xxxxxx

In southern California, not too far from where I went to I went to college (I
believe the city was Alta Dena or Sierra Madre) there is a neighborhood of
older homes, heavily shaded by a massive canopy of tall, dense trees.  In
those trees live a fairly large colony of green Amazon parrots.  Probably
started many years ago by a pair of escaped or released pets, they are usually
hidden by the foliage.  Every once in a while, they cross a sparse area and a
number of the birds can be briefly seen.  Interesting how well non-native
species can adapt given an appropriate environment.

John Reeds
San Juan Capistrano, CA
lamegardener@msn.com

ANyone know what happened to Bill Burleson?  I never see his posts anymore.