OT-CHAT: Trials, and Tribulations

Bob Pries said:

<>

Oh, me too, certainly. And it is great fun, isn't it? I do like ideas,
pondering them, turning them over to take a poke at the other side, and I especially
like swapping ideas with friends. I am a firm believer in a group going to
town with a thought to see what may come of it. One idea stimulates another,
people figure out how to make the most of what they have, and then oops, there
goes another rubber tree plant.

Speaking of things falling over, I may have something more to offer on my own
idea about people registering to trial in their own gardens--this in response
to a couple of notes I've had from folks who know more about the world of
hybridizing and how it really works than I-- but right now I am so completely
preoccupied with the terrible hurricane situation in New Orleans, so worried
about the beautiful city and its wonderful people, and all the creatures, that
carrying on as usual would feel  unseemly to me now. I did, however, want to
respond promptly to your very nice note, Bob, and say thanks.

I hope things go well for everyone near this storm. Please be careful before,
during, and after, and when you are able, please come back here where you are
loved, and let us know you are well.

Cordially,

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA