OT-CHAT: Trials, and Tribulations

Dorothy and I also have been keeping a close eye on Katrina.  She has a son
just north of Louisiana in Arkansas, but we think his household is far
enough west to escape more than wind and rain short of disaster, but very
wet.

I have three daughters in Tennessee right in the path of the storm, two
southeast of Nashville, one northwest of the city.  I e-mailed them
yesterday asking what sort of preparations they were making.  I don't think
they realized they may be in for a ride, with heavy rain, strong wind and
tornadoes possible.  The one of them that had responded last night had not
yet awakened to the risks they face and she was quite preoccupied with other
matters.  I'm concerned she has her head in the clouds so much so that she
and her family aren't aware!

We expect substantial rain here too, with some possibility of wind, even
though we are right in the middle of the Appalachins just in the fringe of
the area expected to be affected the most.  The Great Smokies are west of
us, which should moderate the effects of the storm in our area.  Linda Mann,
however, is on the west side of the range and in an area near Knoxville that
may get substantial effects of the storm.

There are a great many members of both this list and of AIS in the very wide
and deep storm track.  I am really concerned about them.  The ones I've
gotten to know are like family to me.

Neil Mogensen  z 7  Reg 4