From: owner-iris@hort.net
[mailto:owner-iris@hort.net] On Behalf Of Neil A
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 8:15 AM
To: Iris-talk
Subject: [iris] OT-CHAT: Trials, and Tribulations

Dorothy and I also have been keeping a close eye
on Katrina.  She has a son just north of Louisiana
in Arkansas, but we think his household is far
enough west to escape more than wind and rain
short of disaster, but very wet.

I have three daughters in Tennessee right in the
path of the storm, two southeast of Nashville, one
northwest of the city.  I e-mailed them yesterday
asking what sort of preparations they were making.
I don't think they realized they may be in for a
ride, with heavy rain, strong wind and tornadoes
possible.  The one of them that had responded last
night had not yet awakened to the risks they face
and she was quite preoccupied with other matters.
I'm concerned she has her head in the clouds so
much so that she and her family aren't aware!

We expect substantial rain here too, with some
possibility of wind, even though we are right in
the middle of the Appalachins just in the fringe
of the area expected to be affected the most.  The
Great Smokies are west of us, which should
moderate the effects of the storm in our area.
Linda Mann, however, is on the west side of the
range and in an area near Knoxville that may get
substantial effects of the storm.

There are a great many members of both this list
and of AIS in the very wide and deep storm track.
I am really concerned about them.  The ones I've
gotten to know are like family to me.

Neil Mogensen  z 7  Reg 4

To sign-off this list, send email to
majordomo@hort.net with the message text