Re: OT-CHAT: Trials, and Tribulations

In a message dated 8/29/05 10:43:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jbruce1@cinci.rr.com writes:

<< Thanks for the very useful link, Anner. It seems that the track is heading
 straight through the midpoint between Cincinnati and Dayton. This is very
 information to know, considering at least two of on this list live in
 Middletown....which is coincedentally the midpoint between Cincy and Dayton.
 looks like we may have a bit of weather around 1AM on Wednesday. It looks
 some of my freshly planted irises may go to live in Canada. >>

Certainly. We live with this sort of thing every summer, and I don't care to
take all my information from the electronic media. I think the page is is very
lucid. They update various parts of it several times a day. I'm expecting an
update to the cone at any time now, possibly around 11 AM.

One thing that it is well to notice is that the little dots along the
projected track have letters on them indicating Storm or Depression, the intensity
projected for when it reaches that given location. This impacts wind speed etc.
Typically a cone will show environmnetal impact past the point where most
people on the ground will feel much, but I do not think it would be a good idea to
be complacent about Katrina.

Stay well.