Re: OT-CHAT:Katrina

Best wishes, Betty, and others whose selves, relatives, friends and/or irises are in the path of the storm. As Susan mentioned, it was hot here today, but the north half of Utah is supposed to be 20 degrees cooler tomorrow. First taste of fall, they're saying--in August. I'm still planting irises I got Saturday, and hoping the first freeze doesn't come early too. I know, much better than eight inches of rain.

Sanpete County, Utah
Of the fifty iris I got in last fall, one crooked bloomstalk is coming on, on QUEEN IN CALICO. All 50 still alive, though, mostly growing well.