RE: OT-CHAT:Katrina

Yeah for you Kent.  That is an compliment!
Char, New Berlin, WI

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-iris@hort.net
[mailto:owner-iris@hort.net] On Behalf Of Kent
Appleberry
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 11:20 PM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: Re: [iris]OT-CHAT:Katrina

Best wishes, Betty, and others whose selves,
relatives, friends and/or
irises are in the path of the storm.  As Susan
mentioned, it was hot
here today, but the north half of Utah is supposed
to be 20 degrees
cooler tomorrow.  First taste of fall, they're
saying--in August.  I'm
still planting irises I got Saturday, and hoping
the first freeze
doesn't come early too.  I know, much better than
eight inches of rain.

Kent
Sanpete County, Utah
Of the fifty iris I got in last fall, one crooked
bloomstalk is coming
on, on QUEEN IN CALICO.  All 50 still alive,
though, mostly growing well.

Autmirislvr@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 8/29/2005 9:26:22 P.M. Central
Standard Time,
>utahirisgal@hotmail.com writes:
>
><<This is one mean storm.>>
>Heard tonight that we MAY get as much as 8 inches
of rain out this.   Can't
>even begin to imagine what that will do to the
irises.  Lake was
>nearly dry,
>but the river and creeks have limited capacity.
Possible  tornadoes.

>Betty W. in  South-central KY Zone 6
>Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
>_www.thegardensite.com/irises/bridgeintime/_