OT-CHAT:Katrina:Update

In a message dated 8/29/2005 10:19:59 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Autmirislvr@aol.com writes:

<<Heard tonight that we MAY get as much as 8 inches of rain out  this.>>

Power just came back on.  It was off for 5 hours.  I was getting  ready to
abandon ship and hunt for a road above water.  And a working  coffee pot!

The storm hit a bit earlier than expected.  Our local weatherman says
Katrina is traveling faster than projected.  Unfortunately, it probably  means that
the people north of us will probably get more rain than the  expected.

For my location, instead of the 8 inches predicted, only an extra inch  has
fallen at this point, bringing my weekly total to 5 inches.  Of course,  it's
still going to rain at a steady pace for most of the day and accumulate
another inch or more.  Looks like the eye of the storm is further to the  west than
I expected.

Took an umbrella late yesterday and toured the garden, most appear to be
managing well.  Even found some rebloom stalks.  This years seedling  crop is
looking better than expected.  The drought, reduced  fertilization, and later
planting had me concerned.

It may be a blessing that all these new irises aren't in the ground  yet.
The 40 or so in the pots are looking good.

Betty W. in  South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: