CULT:Growing Edith

Originally, I got Edith Wolford from Monty Byers.  It grew well that  winter
and had two bloom stalks that first spring.  Instantly, I fell in  love with
the clean, clear colors.  After giving me that one taste of  heaven, Edith
immediately reverted to form and disappeared!
Since 1998, I've been growing her in the 17 inch pot.  Not perfect but  I do
enjoy her blooms nearly every spring.  KEVIN'S THEME (Kerr 93) is  probably my
favorite child of Edith.  Boy does it love Kentucky!  Or  maybe STRICTLY
BALLROOM (Lauer-sib to SH).  It loves KY too!    Also, love JURASSIC PARK
(colors) but it's not as happy here.
SKY KING RETURNS (Lauer 2003) , an Edith grandchild, is blooming in  the
garden today.  It was planted last year. It's a pretty iris.
EDITH WOLFORD has 93 descendants listed in the  register!  (through 2003)
I've used Edith, too, and I'm happy  with these children/grandchildren.

Betty W. in  South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: