On a side note, I was noticing that EW is still very high in the popularity poll, where it has been for a long time. I've rummaged through the archives a fair amount, and there's a discussion here every now and then about how bad a grower it is, but some who vote in the symposium must be having success with it. There have been similar discussions about other very popular iris, including some other Dykes winners. Do those who have success with these iris just not post here? Or are they just trying not to gloat?

I hope to try EW here next year, in any case. Have some of the descendants started already, waiting for bloom on those in a year or two (hopefully).

Kent Appleberry
Sanpete County, Utah, where some had ice in their yards this morning! I suspect my one bloomstalk will have to brought indoors before it blooms.