Re: TB: EDITH WOLFORD

Polls are an interesting phenomena. I wonder how many voters really have a particular variety in their garden or are voting solely on pretty unbelievable catalog pictures. I have never voted, yet, because I felt I didn't have a big enough base to rank them, plus my methods of caring for them was more of a survival test than anything. I do have perhaps half of the top 100 and the vast majority of the top 20, but I always wondered about some even in the top 20 that looked pretty darn plain, at least in my garden, compared to the rest. There is no doubt a lot of weather influence, much more than the Oregon folks want to admit to, where seems anything will grow. Now that I am getting much more serious, moving almost entirely to pots as soon as I can finish the labor, my successes and failures will likely be much different that the dirt folks on the same street. I guess if I have a pet peeve, it's the advertising, especially in non-iris publication advertising, but even blatantly bold there too, ignoring the fact that rebloomers might only do so in a few select zones. In the vast majority of the country, they are oncers. BTW, I have EW, and it still lives, but was never impressed with the aesthetics. Doesn't come close to the pictures.

George in Zone 6b
Harpers Ferry, WV