I have three rhizomes of Edith Wolford and every year they replace themselves, but the "clump" does not ever increase. I've never had more than three fans since I first got EW almost 15 years ago. I only get blooms every few years, even though it's planted in the best real estate of my gardens. I don't know why I bother to give the ungrateful things space....until one of them blooms and I fall in love all over again. Still, based on how difficult it is to grow here in my garden, I'd never vote for it in any popularity pole.

Janet in Denmark WI
zone 4

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kent Appleberry" <appleb@cut.net>

On a side note, I was noticing that EW is still very high in the popularity poll, where it has been for a long time. <snip> Do those who have success with these iris just not post here? Or are they just trying not to gloat?