HYB: Space age expression

I know this belongs on the Space Age Robin; but it's been so long since
I posted anything there that I've forgotten how.

I'm afraid that the SAGE project is falling apart without Neil.  I never
was a part of it, but I have noticed something that is very interesting
in my SA crosses with Margaret Inez.  I did several of them both ways
since MI is an easy parent both ways.  Where Margaret Inez is the pod
parent, the seedlings very rarely have any SA expression.  Perhaps one
in twenty did.  Where Margaret Inez is the pollen parent, nearly half of
the seedlings are SA.  At least with this iris, it seems that the SA
genes are carried in the pollen rather than the eggs.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9