Moving in October

We are going to be moving in late October.

I9d appreciate advice on how & when to move the iris beds.

Should I pull, clean & trim all of the iris now for planting in October/
November?  Or should I leave them planted until move time and then try to
get them back in the ground as soon as possible?

If affects the approach, we will be going to a similar climate, but sandy &
rocky soil; and the initial beds will probably be temporary until we have
the chance to assess locations and wind protection.  Currently have ~150 sq
ft of beds.

TIA,

Charlie Lincoln
Portland, Oregon