Re: Spuris

Nothing. The plants have gone dormant, a common occurance forspuria in you climate at this time of year. they will put up new leaves when it cools down. Now or actually even a couple of weeks ago was a great time to transplant them for your climate. In colder areas such as Canada, the plants seldon if ever go dormant, and September is bset time to tranplant. Plants planted here in July have a high mortality ate.

Chuck Chapman

* Subject: [iris] Transplanting Spurias
* From: "Linda Harrington" <LHarrington@wbltd.com>
* Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:40:28 -0500
* Sender: owner-iris@hort.net

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong. A couple of weeks ago I moved some
of my Spuria iris and all of them now look completely dead. It has been
hot here and it's possible I didn't keep enough water on them. There is
no mulch on that bed yet. Did I try this at the wrong time? When is
the right time?
Thanks for your help
Linda Harrington
Midland TX