Re: TB: standards

In a message dated 8/8/2006 10:29:20 A.M. Central Standard Time,
ChatOWhitehall@aol.com writes:

<<That, I am told, is the usual explanation for  many such  annoyances.>>
Hmmm. . . . could be.  I will complain more about the ones that  receive
awards!  One of the worst in my garden was AMAZON BRIDE.  It  didn't even take
rain to cause the standards to cave in, just a few hours of  time.  Random
pictures in other gardens showed the same thing, yet it won  an HM (at least.)  It
was one of my favored color classes at the  time and a child of Bride's Halo!
My conclusion, at the time, was that some people liked this characteristic  a
lot more than I did/do.  A second year of growing and viewing didn't  improve
it in my garden.
Linda, the midrib is weak in these irises.  Is that a part of  substance?
I'd thought substance pertained more to the petal  thickness/consistency?  Or
I'm not knocking anyone's preference.  We all have likes and  dislikes.
These are just some of mine!

If you  don't cross them, you'll won't have to plant them! Bah! Humbug!! Hot
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris  Garden@website: