From: owner-iris@hort.net
[mailto:owner-iris@hort.net] On Behalf Of
irischapman@netscape.net
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2006 8:34 PM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: Re: [iris] OT: giving away your age

Wellllllll,

I do collect and read back issues of Builletins,
etc, so that is not a give away.  I have been
hybridizing iris for almost 20 years, but I did
grow my first hybrid plant 57 years. An apple seed
that produced a very nice tree, and I have a plant
of it here on the farm, having moved pieces of it
around several times and over several moves. The
last one is not yet producing, but the original
tree is still alive and growing well on my parents
farm., and producing great fruit. My younger
sister entered some as "Macintosh" in a fall fair
and took first prize. I was away at University so
had no say in this.

So, you are right, I'm not a spring chicken., but
not because I read old Bulletins.

Chuck Chapman