Re: HYB: embryo rescue-more

christian foster <flatnflashy@yahoo.com> wrote:.
Presuming I do not have my biology backwards, my next question is why did Walter say he didn't think the embryo had to be especially immature for it be able to be 'harvested'.
  What I ment to say was that the less mature, the more difficult it will be.  The less mature the embryo, the more hormones and the more critical the ratios of various hormones.
  Mature embryoes are about ready to sprout and grow.  very immature embryoes will need to mature some on the medium.  That is not so hard if the procedure has been worked out nad you follow it carefully.  But the work I am aware of with iris was with mature or nearly mature embryoes.