LA: Louisianna Culture - equatorial

In a message dated 8/23/2006 4:45:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
colleen@impressiveirises.com.au writes:

<<So obviously no need for chilling. >>
Well,  seems to me there couldn't be, as the original  species are endemic to
USDA Zone 9.
All of which reminds me of Elizabeth Lawrence's observation that plants
native to warm regions do not invariably perish in colder  ones.....speaking of
those Louisiana hybrids which are reported hardy in, for  instance, USDA Zone 6.
<<She says they go mad during the wet season and walk  everywhere.>>

Yep,  those are the ones, all right....in the words of the fat man, they  are
"Walking to New Orleans."

<<I thought this might be of interest
It is, and thank you.
Anner Whitehead