Re: Summer Rebloom Triggers

Do you have fans of  of Immortality with 8-10 mature leaves?
What has been your temperatures. Max daylight temp and min night temp?

Chuck Chapman

Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 15:06:28 -0400
From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
Subject: [iris] Re: Summer Rebloom Triggers

Thanks Chuck.

No sign of any inclination to send up summer stalks on anything here
(other than maiden bloom on those two seedlings last month), regardless
of number of leaf blades/fan.  So I guess we are on the "other" side of
the temperature/growth rate curve (i.e., too hot for rapid enough growth
 to trigger flower stalk initiation in the cultivars that thrive here).

<What seems to be happening is the onset of flower bud differentiation,
which for summer rebloomers then proceeds directly to flower stalk
WITHOUT need for vernalization., or daylight specific triggers.>

- --
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8