Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 13:51:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: christian foster <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: [iris] Re: Anthocyanin-sidetracked

Let me see if I'm crossing O's. You are saying that black is usually a result
of the AVI in the presence of yellow pigments, I think I understand that
part.  And you are saying that the AVI genetically speaking comes from
aphylla, but since there is no yellow in aphylla we don't see "black"

Assuming everybody got off on the same track with me, are you saying that these AVI pigments are the type of anthocyanin pigments that express even
through a full dosage of the I (inhibitor) gene.

If that is true, and the AVI can be expressed with yellow-to give black-
then... I think what I need to know is do the AVI inheirit independently from
the type of anthocyanin that is expressed in say Breakers or Dusky

I remember that one of the ideas that got me interested in greens in the first place was that yellow and blue pigments are expressed in different layers in the flesh of the petal. So in the brain fog I'm thinking... if you could get
a self expression of yellow in one layer, and a half I inhibitor self
expression of blue in another layer... then maybe you could get green. But if the AVI's are seperate from the layer of anthocyanin...then maybe you could just get a yellow base and top off with AVI. Am I mechanically in the right
ball field?