From: "irischapman@aim.com" <irischapman@aim.com>
To: iris@hort.net
Friday, August 8, 2008 8:59:08 AM
Subject: Re: [iris]
HYB:Anthocyanin-Controled crosses.

I havn't checked and don't think anyone
else has checked.

The telling factor would be intensity of  the anthocyanin.
General guidelines, (best guess)

blues are not AVI
Dusky challanger should be
AVI as should indigo Princess and Swazi

Regular purple is regular
anthocyanin with yellow ground. Dark/near
black purple  sould be AVI

pastel blue with dark blue beards, eg Codicil, Blackbeard, are
likely an AVI
plant with "I" factor

White is regular anthocyanin with one dosage of "I"
Generally  cartenoid is dominant over non cartenoid.

There are a lot of
variations on colour of yellow but there is no
documentation of controling

Water soluble yellows are present, but mostly they are in smaller
like MDB and SDB They are more pastel in colour

Chuck Chapman