re: HYB:Anthocyanin-Controled crosses

Thanks for summarizing, Chuck.  Just to make sure I understand it all...

<Regular purple is regular anthocyanin with yellow ground. >

Like Christian, I'm having trouble with color names. You mention water soluble yellow as being more common in non-TBs, but in the "purple" irises I've done water extractions on, there hasn't been any non-water soluble yellow. When I think purple, I think of cultivars the color of VIOLET MIRACLE, FEED BACK, VIOLET CLASSIC.

Could you clarify or give some examples?

<White is regular anthocyanin with one dosage of "I">

Or a white that has four doses of "dilution" of anthocyanin, right? Pale anthocyanin in bud?

<Generally  cartenoid is dominant over non cartenoid.>

I'm not sure what you mean - within the yellow/pink/orange pigments (i.e., <non>-anthocyanin controlled), the carotenoid pigments are dominant over non-carotenoid? such as... what? Or do you mean "dominant" in that they are stronger colors so the phenotype hides the genotype? Or.. help.. I have no idea..I vaguely remember you and Neil discussing different forms of carotene - maybe if I dig out the posts on pigments & genetics of orange irises...

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8