Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 14:06:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: christian foster <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [iris] HYB:Anthocyanin-Controled crosses.

Wow Chuck,
that is a really nice run down... clear, concise, and answers the
question I thought I asked.
Just one little fuzzy-ness.  You said "blues" are
not AVI but then said Dusky Challenger is likely AVI. I expected DC would be (even if it's a guess) AVI, but it sounds like you're saying DC isn't blue- isn't blue as in isn't from a long line of Schreiner's blues. Am I missing something? I remember someone saying roughly, "there is no true blue in iris, if you really look even the bluest blues are really quite indigo." Is that
what you mean?
Now I feel like I should get out RHS color key and discuss what
counts as a "pastel" yellow. Can't as I don't have RHS color whozits... but
the temptation is there.
Your general guidelines seem to be exactly what I
need to start in the "right" direction to test my theories... but I've already
culled a seedling I should have kept.