Re: AIS: help - how to set up scholarship?

Linda -- You might want to support studies of the causes and prevention of disease in iris. -- Griff

----- Original Message ----- From: "Linda Mann" <lmann@lock-net.com>
To: <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 10:22 AM
Subject: [iris] AIS: help - how to set up scholarship?

Our club sales in affiliation with the University of Tennessee Gardens annual Blooms Days Festival on the UT Agriculture campus in Knoxville TN have been very successful.

We'd like to do something with some of our profits re: our non-profit status & the most obvious thing is to try to set up a small annual scholarship fund for the UT Ag school in horticulture.

Since it was my idea, I get the assignment of figuring out how to go about setting it up so the club can decide whether or not we want to do this.

I don't have any idea how to go about it.

Do any of you have experience in this arena or can you suggest someone to contact?

Should we limit it to a student who does something with irises or irids or horticulture in general? Should we ask the University to screen the applicants or ?

Any thoughts appreciated.

The only thing I can think of is to call someone in the admissions office.
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8