Re: iris DIGEST V1 #650

There are a number of possibilities. A scholarship for prommising student, A grant to someone doing iris related research or a specific gran application for a specific study related to iris. Also could be in conjunction with AIS Scientific committe. Contact Gary White, chair of AIS Science committe for further ideas. Contacting college should also be done as they have done this many times many ways.

Chuck Chapman

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 10:22:19 -0400
From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
Subject: [iris] AIS: help - how to set up scholarship?

Our club sales in affiliation with the University of Tennessee Gardens
annual Blooms Days Festival on the UT Agriculture campus in Knoxville TN
have been very successful.

We'd like to do something with some of our profits re: our non-profit
status & the most obvious thing is to try to set up a small annual
scholarship fund for the UT Ag school in horticulture.

Since it was my idea, I get the assignment of figuring out how to go
about setting it up so the club can decide whether or not we want to do

I don't have any idea how to go about it.

Do any of you have experience in this arena or can you suggest someone
to contact?

Should we limit it to a student who does something with irises or irids
or horticulture in general?  Should we ask the University to screen the
applicants or ?

Any thoughts appreciated.

The only thing I can think of is to call someone in the admissions office.
- --
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8