From: iris DIGEST <iris-owner@hort.net>
To: iris-digest@hort.net
Sent: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:45 am
Subject: [iris] iris DIGEST V1 #658

iris DIGEST Thursday, August 28 2008 Volume 01 : Number 658

In this issue:

       [iris] Re: REB: Summer bloom, errata

Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:56:38 -0400
From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
Subject: [iris] Re: REB: Summer bloom, errata

ANGELIC WINGS - 2 stalks, 8 green/5 or 6 dead leaves/fan
~14 non blooming fans, up to 6 or 7 green, 3 or 4 dead leaves/fan

BROTHER CARL (I mistakenly ID'd this as I DO in previous post - I DO
seems to be gone) - 2 stalks (one aborted in heat and I just found it
today) - 7 green, 3 or 4 dead/fan
~5 non blooming fans - 4 green, 4 dead leaves/fan

OVER AND OVER (previously mistakenly ID'd this as MARIPOSA AUTUMN, which
is right next to it - natural mistake because OVER AND OVER has <never>
rebloomed here before, summer <or> fall!) 3 stalks, 9 green leaves/fan,
2 or 3 dead leaves/fan
Only one non-blooming fan - 7 green leaves, 2 dead/fan

No stalks up on IMM, but I did count green leaves on all 15 or so fans
in the most floriferous clump here - 2 have 5, 3 have 4, one has 3, the
rest only one or two.  I suspect the two with 5 might make it on to
bloom this fall, now that we've had a good soaking rain, 4 next spring
(I think there were 6 stallks in this clump this spring).

Apologies for erroneous earlier report...

First really good rain in about two years - 4 inches & still raining.
Thank you Fay.  Not enough to add any recharge to streams, but at least
the surface is damp again.

Chuck, I'm assuming you are interested in hearing #leaves/bloom &
nonbloom fan as we move out of what I think of as "summer" bloom?

I DO may not have appealed to me much for breeding in the past, but I'm
starting to see a trend here....
- --
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

End of iris DIGEST V1 #658