message to Jeff Walters

Apologies for sending this via the group, but yahoo is refusing to deliver mail from me to anybody with a yahoo email address...I hope you are reading messages here....

Jeff, fortunately, I don't have iris borers here either, tho they are apparently a problem not far north from here. My theory is that the native nematodes winter over and eat them for lunch. ;-)

I've had a few borers one spring only. They apparently came in with a shipment from from a badly infested commercial garden, infested about half a dozen clumps the following spring. I managed them by manual squishing.

There's a ton of stuff about managing them in the archives, which are open to non-subsribers, if you want to refer him.

Crown rot? You mean the usual erwinia soft rot? Or something different? Cultivars selected in easier climates can have real trouble with rot in our humid summers, even when it doesn't rain much.

Speaking of which, it looks like you guys finally got some real rain!

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8