Rot Solution

I have to report that I'm ecstatic over a product a friend turned me on to...it's called Consan Triple Action 20. www.consan20.com

It's been used in the restaurant industry for a long time as a cleaning / disinfectant / deodorizing agent. It's been labeled for agricultural use. When we had last year's hard freeze, my friend sprayed his garden that was all "mush" from the freeze damage. Within a few days, it was all dried up!

I have found that when I have rot, I can scoop out the mush and spray the infected area and it dries right up!!!

The best part...it's CHEAP!! I want to say it was $20 some odd dollars for 2 pints. The mixture is 1.5 tsp (1/2 fl. oz) per gallon of water.

Better yet, the MSDS sheet doesn't look nearly as bad as other fungicides I've used... A bacteriacide / fungicide that poses no special requirements for respiratory protection during use???!!!??? I think that's AWESOME! Since the restaurant industry can use it for a disinfectant, that's gotta say something.

I've moved my entire garden from my parent's farm to my house this year as well as adding many varieties I haven't grown before. With the transplanting on this scale in the heat of the summer, there will undoubtedly be a few to suffer rot problems. For those that displayed rot, I treated as mentioned above and within a couple of days, the "sore" was dried out and now I'm seeing increases coming from the rhizome "nubbins" that were left! I may be proven wrong in the future, but for now, I'm as happy as a pig in mud! It's my new "cure-all"

We had quite a bit of rain with Fay coming through. I'm not complaining, we needed it desperately! However, with the moisture and soil splashing upon the new plants, I thought about leaf spot and possible rot. I sprayed the entire garden last night and when I got home tonight, EVERY plant was bright and green and looking very happy!

For the EPA sheet labeling all it's uses, follow this link - http://www.consan20.com/epa.html

Do any others out there use this product?  I'd love to hear other reports.

Ya'll take care,

Evan L Underwood
Murfreesboro, TN
AIS Region 7