From: Evan L Underwood
Date: 08/28/08 17:56:52
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: [iris] Rot Solution

All:

I have to report that I'm ecstatic over a product a friend turned me on
to...it's called Consan Triple Action 20.  www.consan20.com

It's been used in the restaurant industry for a long time as a cleaning /
disinfectant / deodorizing agent.  It's been labeled for agricultural use.
When we had last year's hard freeze, my friend sprayed his garden that was
all "mush" from the freeze damage.  Within a few days, it was all dried up!

I have found that when I have rot, I can scoop out the mush and spray the
infected area and it dries right up!!!

The best part...it's CHEAP!!  I want to say it was $20 some odd dollars for
2 pints.  The mixture is 1.5 tsp (1/2 fl. oz) per gallon of water.

Better yet, the MSDS sheet doesn't look nearly as bad as other fungicides
I've used...  A bacteriacide / fungicide that poses no special requirements
for respiratory protection during use???!!!???  I think that's AWESOME!
Since the restaurant industry can use it for a disinfectant, that's gotta
say something.

I've moved my entire garden from my parent's farm to my house this year as
well as adding many varieties I haven't grown before.  With the
transplanting on this scale in the heat of the summer, there will
undoubtedly be a few to suffer rot problems.  For those that displayed rot,
I treated as mentioned above and within a couple of days, the "sore" was
dried out and now I'm seeing increases coming from the rhizome "nubbins"
that were left!  I may be proven wrong in the future, but for now, I'm as
happy as a pig in mud!  It's my new "cure-all"

We had quite a bit of rain with Fay coming through.  I'm not complaining, we
needed it desperately!  However, with the moisture and soil splashing upon
the new plants, I thought about leaf spot and possible rot.  I sprayed the
entire garden last night and when I got home tonight, EVERY plant was bright
and green and looking very happy!

For the EPA sheet labeling all it's uses, follow this link -
http://www.consan20.com/epa.html

Do any others out there use this product?  I'd love to hear other reports.

Ya'll take care,

-Ev.

Evan L Underwood
Murfreesboro, TN