Re: Summer bloom

["summer" as opposed to fall cycle]

Chuck, with so few stalk fans to count for comparison so far, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions here, but I'm wondering if there is a constant ratio between green leaves on blooming vs non-blooming, even tho the actual number of green leaves might vary from cultivar to cultivar and under different growing conditions.

I've been counting leaves on maiden seedling fans, wondering if those with 11 green leaf blades in the main fan might bloom this fall (or could if water/nutrition/temperature allow it). This is the first year with a <lot> of unbloomed seedlings from various rebloom backgrounds, most from crosses with 1/36 probability of rebloom, some even less.

The clump of IMMORTALITY fans is conveniently located to observe and take notes. I may even tag each fan with a leaf blade count and try to keep track of how they change between now and spring bloom when things get too hectic to make observations.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8