Re: Summer bloom

Chuck, that temperature doesn't seem to fit my casual observations of IMMORTALITY. Maybe there are still some other things going on with IMM & growth at temperatures lower than 102oF.

I don't have records, but the impression I've gotten over the years is that IMM shuts down when daytime temperatures are in the upper 90s, or at least when nighttime temperatures are above 70oF, regardless of available moisture. Or maybe it doesn't shut down completely, but slows to such a crawl that senescence keeps up with new growth?

I remember some discussion in this forum during the last century ;-), about MDBs respiring more C than they are able to fix because of warm night time temperatures. Maybe some cultivars have some of those same genes? If rebloom genes come from dwarf species...

<And max temp in day to not be above the critical (for cultivar) of heat dormancy, of about 102F .>
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8