How does one decide

Les and I are going to be moving in a few months, and either winding up
or selling the business here by the end of the financial year, primarily
because of health reasons. We're buying a property of one acre in Mt
Pleasant about 20 min from here, a small town between the Adel Hills and
the Barossa Valley, and leasing the propagation areas here until next
May. So now I have to choose a sample of everything I want to take with me.
 From those who have down scaled before, how do you decide what to take
with you? We currently have about 1250 bearded iris, 250 beardless iris,
and 550 daylilies, plus a large breeding program, mainly bearded iris
but also some good daylilies and Pacific Coast iris, and of course
there's the several years' worth of seedlings that are yet to bloom..
Culling out about third of each is easy, but then where does one go?????
The parents one wants to use, old favourites, new stock that you haven't
seen much of, things that you think might do much better in the new
environment, concentrate on keeping seedlings???????
We bought a lot of new stock in the last year or two, before we realised
how serious Les' health could be and my knees got a lot worse,
fortunately we've time to see most of it bloom before having to finally
decide, but it's the culling the numbers by more than half is what I'm
having problems contemplating.

Any thoughts from someone who has done it before would be appreciated.

Colleen Modra
ph/fax 08 8389 4439
Impressive Irises
PO Box 169