Winter reading material

  • Subject: Winter reading material
  • From: Paul Archer <pharcher@mindspring.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 02:28:11 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I just found some reading material on genetics.  It is mostly related to Daylilies (yes, I know) but genetics is genetics and some of it might relate or give insight and change your direction.  Some of us do grow Daylilies and hybridize them as well.  Iris are very similar in their complexity, color form and patterns except for some minor (in my opinion) differences.

Here's the link

I browsed through the links and saw three that might be particularly useful and worhty if you aren't incredibly scientifically inclined and want to tackle the scientific aspects and wade through them.

1) Hemerocallis Genus, Species and Genetics (436 pp. and due for publication Spring 2010, editing comments welcome)  A SNEAK PEEK.  How often does that happen?

2) Classic Genetics, Hybridizing of Hemerocallis and Current Techniques

Much more technical but still interesting

3) Flower Color and Patterning in the Genus Hemorocallis and Its Hybrids : A Mathematical Model and Experimental Analysis

Paul Archer
Indianapolis, IN  Zone 5