REB: Golden Encore
  • Subject: REB: Golden Encore
  • From: Linda Mann <101l@rewrite.hort.net>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 12:09:31 -0400

A couple of stalks open, a few more in bud. I can't remember whether or not this has bloomed for me in summer or not. It's been here a long time.

Yes, Betty, it does have pollen, & it has a hefty dose of G.P.Brown via FALL PRIMROSE. Worth a shot with one of my most modern formed seedlings with the most modern recent ancestry.

Anthers & pollen look good, but plants have to be really stressed in this drought, so may not be viable.

Dry enough that the weeds in the pots of irises are dying, letting the irises get some sun. ;-)

Linda Mann
east TN zone 7b