Re: CULT: pods

From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>

Hello Folks,

The remarks by Dennis on his pods made me smile at my own
activities this past spring.  This was the first year I've attempted
to deliberately set a pod using known parents.  I was primarily
interested in using arilbreds and didn't think I was having very
much luck.  Thinking I needed practice, I found pollen on SATAN'S
MISTRESS which I believed to be sterile and practiced.  The result
was six out of thirteen pods for the season.  Also practicing, I used
pollen on BREAKERS from both YAQUINA BLUE and NAVAJO
JEWEL on the same bloom.  This was the only TB x TB pod I got.
If I plant these, it is likely there will be childred from both pollen
parents, isn't it?  I mainly was just doing the TB x TB as a comparison
for setting pods as opposed to the arilbred crosses.  In any case, I
ended up with quite a few seeds from the crosses.  The number of
seeds ranged from two to sixty, average about 20-30.  Let's see -
13 pods x # of seeds @ 25% germination.......still a fair number of

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7
it possible to have crosses fromL, I m