Re: louisiana iris

From: "Mark Cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

 > ....  I tried keeping some Louisiana Irises in containers
 > (above ground) during this past winter.  75% of them died.  And only 50%
of
 > the survivors bloomed.

Dennis,
     It would be far safer to sink the containers in the ground, and mulch
them in the late fall/early winter.  When I had horticulture classes at the
University of Kentucky, they said that a plant had to have a Zone 3
hardiness rating to survive the winter in Lexington [KY] in an above-ground
container.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, Florida.