Re: Re: OT: Weather/Drought watering

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>Also regarding draught/grey water...I've never heard of using
>washwater and such (used water?) to water plants in case of drought. >Isn't
>there some concern about the detergents/chemicals or whatever >that would
>get into the soil and mess with the iris' health?   Or >would the soap help
>the bug condition??
>
>Janet Natale

I remember well the year my father declared it a crime to pull the plug out
after a bath. The water was syphoned out to our small suburban vegie patch.
We grew the best carrots that year! I think there would have only been soap,
and no nasty detergents, but, since we were quite young kids, there was
another additive to the bath water that would have helped promote vegie
growth!
We reuse the water put out by our septic tank. I cultivate the soil over the
reln drains, and plant pumkins and zucchinis in summer. These put their
roots down into the reservoir, and don't need watering for the whole of
summer.
Cheers, Jan, in Australia, where the water reserves are far too low for this
time of year.

Create a list for FRIENDS & FAMILY...
...and YOU can WIN $100 to Amazon.com.  For details, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html