Re: CULT: Potted Copperheads

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
>  If there weren't consequences from a bite, I wouldn't care at
>all.  Plant eating insects, on the other hand, fire up the blood in an
>entirely different manner.

I don't know how deadly your snakes are, but I've been advised to carry an
elastic bandage with me, or leave one in a very accesible place. This is the
type of bandage you use to strap sprained ankles. You wrap the effected limb
(lets hope you don't get bitten on the face!) firmly, starting at the end
AWAY from the body. This slows down the lymph flow, and confines the poison
to the bite area.
Brown snakes can kill in 10 minutes, and it can take more than that to get
help if you are home alone.
I'm planning on storing a bandage on the chook shed this summer, but am
afraid it will become a nesting place for red back, or white tail spiders.
Oh how I look forward to the summer - NOT!
Cheers, Jan

http://www.onelist.com