Re: Re: OT: Potted Copperheads

From: James Brooks <hirundo@tricon.net>

At 11:09 AM 8/1/99 -0500, you wrote:
>From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  I put my hand well
>within biting range this morning.  I only potted this one yesterday and
>wasn't expecting it.  Hope LENORA survives the crow bar damage.
>
>Donald Eaves

I once stopped my car on a country road, turned on the flashers, got out
with a towel and used it to cover a copperhead who was crawling toward a
residential lawn. Blinded and frustrated by the towel, it was relatively
easy to slide him with my shoe back to the side of the road and into a
pasture from whence he came.

When I got back into the car my date said, "I was going to ask you what a
naturalist is, but now I know."