RE: Re: CULT: pods

From: "Title, CDR Lynn A." <titlel@spawar.navy.mil>

Basic biology here.

  Any given seed will have only two parents: one from the pod, one from the
pollen grain.  But if pollen from more than one "daddy" gets in, you'll have
a pod with "mixed parentage" -- all seeds with same "mom", but some from one
"dad", some from the other. Just as a female cat can have a litter of
kittens sired by more than one tom: each kitten has only one father, but not
necessarily the same one.

  The real issue is that you won't be able to tell the pollen parentage of
any seed in your pod, so won't know what traits the seeds will inherit from
"daddy". Can play havoc with your down-the-road breeding plans.