multiple pollinations

From: z88keys@mindspring.com (L.Zurbrigg)

I feel sure that one pollination, on one stigmatic lip, is enough to get a
pod full of seeds. I rarely have a pod that has only one double set of
seeds.  The purpose of multiple pollinations , I believe, was to increase
the chances of a fertilization taking place, and was used a lot in arilbred
crosses, because so many varieties had infertile pollen. I do know that
cows are frequently flushed using two lots of semen, each from a different
bull. This must be to enhance the likelihood of getting embryos. (They can
later be identified by DNA)>  Lloyd Z   in Durham NC

You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com by starting a new list at ONElist.
Drawing is held each week through August 20.  For details, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html