Re: CULT: Roots -- Shave/Not Shave

From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

.  My question: Could the old
> roots increase the likelihood of "pot rot" (or even "garden rot")
> occurring?
>
> Judy Hunt in Louisville, KY

	Judy, did you give these incoming irises the 10% bleach bath?
99.9% of your newly planted irises problems can be prevented with
that dunk.

	Were these new pots or had something been grown in them
previously, leaving a contaminant in the dirt?

	I really don't think the old roots are the problem.  We have
shavers and non shavers potting up a storm right now, each with
their own methods of doing so and all having a good time with their
miracle soil mix, some already describing new growth.  But, the
really fun part will come when we unpot.  Oh, joy, I look forward to
those happy days.  It will be cooler, then, I hope!

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8 (weather stats for July, 1999, for Columbus,
MS....19 days with high temps in the middle to upper 90's, 6 days
at or over 100o, average afternoon humidity 64%, 1.35" rainfall)

Congratulations to Richard van den Brink
This week's FRIENDS & FAMILY WINNER!
To enter go to http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html