Re: HYB: Muliple Pollinations

From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>

On 2 Aug 99, at 14:37, Mike Sutton wrote:

> From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>
> In the interest of time, we usually only apply pollen to one lip.  Usually
> have seeds in three chambers.  This year had a pod with four chambers, all
> containing seeds. Mike

	Lloyd has mentioned that he usually used only one stigmatic
lip, and that is the normal routine here, too.

	I have gotten a full pod from using just a grain or two from the
point of a toothpick, and have failed to get a pod from some
cultivars that I know are fertile and have a plethora of pollen that
have produced pods on mommas  previously used.  I have come to
the conclusion that getting a take is just hit or miss.....like being 'in
the mood.'

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8

Congrats to our GROW TO GIVE winners, ZENtertainment & ROTInews!
Check out ONElist's latest program, FRIENDS & FAMILY.  See homepage.